1. The organizers are not liable for the accuracy and applicability of the practical and theoretical parts taught by the speakers
2. If training courses should be cancelled due to illness of speakers, course being undersubscribed or for other reasons beyond the responsibility of the organizers or cancelled at short notice, the participants will be informed. They are only entitled to a refund of the tuition fee already paid. Further additional claims are even excluded if more costs, e.g. caused by cancellation of patients, booking accommodation, travel costs or others are incurred to participants.
The participant is liable for the payment of the course fee for the chosen course regardless of any benefit claimed by third parties (e.g. as an employer, employment office, education voucher).
3. Should a participant cancel a training course, – regardless of the reason for the cancellation – a refund of the registration fee can be claimed of
100% when cancellation is made more than 4 weeks in advance
30% if cancellation is made 1-4 weeks in advance.
When even shorter term cancellations are made, the full course fee has to be paid – and possibly accommodation costs. The payer has no right to a refund of already paid course fees. It is up to the participant to prove in individual cases to IAB a lower loss than the above or provide a suitable replacement. If IAB accepts the replacement participant, no cancellation fee will be charged.
In multiple course training cancellation of a single course unit is not possible! The full course fee is payable also on non-participation of a single course unit. Cancellation notice will only be accepted in writing. The instruction concerning the right of withdrawal with electronic sales involving (Individuals) and the standard withdrawal form you will find on our website www.iabnetz.de „Registration for IAB Events“ as well as a link to your online registration confirmation and as an appendix on your registration confirmation and invoice.
4. You have the extraordinary right of termination (“serious ground”) in accordance with § 626 BGB, whereas the legal regulation in accordance with § 621 BGB will be excluded. Cancellation notice must always be submitted in writing by registered mail within the statutory two-week period. The period begins with the date you receive knowledge of the justified facts. After expiry of the deadline the extraordinary right to terminate the contract also expires. Please note that you have to provide evidence for an extraordinary reason within 14 days. The provider of the advanced training is entitled to properly terminate the contractual relationship. If the contract is properly terminated by either the participant or the sponsor, the lessons that have accrued up to the date of termination will be billed and any excess amounts paid up to then will be transferred back.
5. Apart from that the following special factors regarding termination of the contract apply according to the length of contract:
For all training courses the following applies one month before the start of training: For events with a duration of more than six months, notice of termination of the contract for the first time from the start of the course no later than six months, thereafter at intervals of six-month periods possible. The deadline for notice of termination is four weeks to the end of each interval.
The cancellation of an exam until two months before the first exam implies a cancellation fee of 25 Euro. After that period the total fee is charged. In case of cancellation of the training until one month before of the start or termination for “serious ground” an additional 20% of payable training fee as cancellation fee is charged. Note: Any cancellation fee will be re-credited when booking another training course within 24 months.
In case of free capacities a replacement date free of charge can be arranged for the missed lessons at the earliest possible date in consultation with the educational coordinator.
6. Participants cannot swap course places with one another. The course place awarded is solely the responsibility of the organizers and the respective course management.
7. A course place is confirmed in agreement with the applicant and the organizer when:
a) a written and binding application is made ,
b) the special participation requirements for the course are fulfilled
c) the candidate has obtained the course reservation in writing by the organizers.
Should a binding registration not have been acknowlegded by the organisers within 14 days the candidate has to establish whether a course space has been reserved for him. Omission of this obligation cannot secure a course reservation or cancellation not received.
8. Participants stay in the meeting rooms at their own risk. Course participants during demonstrations and exercises on patients or others act on their own responsibility and risk. Claims for damages – irrespective of the legal ground – against the lecturers and the organizers are excluded, unless wilful intent or gross negligence can be proven.
9. Should participants cause damage to any third party during exercises and demonstrations, their liability remains unaffected.
10. Should the organizers assist course participants in the booking of accommodations, they are not liable for the provision of services of the respective guesthouse / hotel. Liability for the most reasonable accommodation is also excluded.
11. Please note that payment is only possible with valid debit authorization.
The charge of the deposit or the participation or seminar fee will be executed one month before the training course or seminar.
Monthly payments are made on the 2nd of a month, the examination fee after completion of training.
When paying by instalment, the first payment is due four weeks before the start of the course. The instalment rates will then be debited monthly to your account according to the invoice, provided you have given us a valid debit authorization. In this case, an APR of 6% will be charged. Where individual rates are not collected or direct debits have to be returned, we charge an additional handling fee of 12 Euro per direct debit.
The exam fee covers the envisaged tests within the regular training. Note: It has to be paid one month after the end of training. The exact amount of examination fees can be found at the respective training course.
Our scale of fees will inform you about additional fees for re-examination or copies of certificates. These can be viewed at any time or request them from us.
12. Only German law is applicable. Place of Jurisdiction is Hamburg.
13. Salvatoric Clause
Should any of these terms and conditions be or become invalid, it will not affect the overall validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms and Conditions. In such a case, the parties have to reinterpret the invalid provisions and / or supplement the contract, so that the intention of the invalid clause will be accomplished in a legal allowed manner.